Wednesday 10 January 2024

What lies ahead for this Blog in 2024 and Beyond

 I started the Digicam Den blog in 2023 to document a year long project of shooting and reviewing 52 digital cameras ranging from early 2000s pocket cameras up to more modern Full Frame DSLRs.  

The results of this challenge were intriguing, and I found myself often being surprised at getting some really amazing photos not off the 2019 Nikon Z50 or the two Full Frame DSLRs I reviewed but in some of the much older DSLRs and even a few of the pocket cameras as well.

For 2024 I am doing a Photo a Day challenge which due to the more frequent and fleeting posts I am keeping that challenge to my microblogging resources; IE Twitter, Bluesky and my Telegram channel I set up for it.  

This blog is meant for my longer thought dumps, and is a lot less viewed then my social media accounts, and I think I am fine with keeping it that way.  I don't want my longer-winded content that I use mostly to self-reflect on to be buried in a series of shorter one a day moments.  

While I could do a write up every day where I was when I took each photo and describe in detail what equipment and settings I was using to take the photo, that would require a lot more time and effort then I have available to me.

So instead I will still use this Blog to do write-ups and thought dumps about photography as I feel inspired to do so.  This may include camera reviews that weren't part of my 2023 project as there were a few cameras in my collection I could not include in my review due to missing components IE no battery, no charger or no way to get photos off.  In addition I will still be purchasing and rotating in new cameras that were not part of my 2023 project.

Here's to looking forward to another year of Photography ahead.  January and February are the dullest and most limited months for opportunities for me to get out and take photos and my Photo a day will keep me engaged in making sure I keep taking fresh content in 2024.

Enjoy a few photos taken as part of my daily challenge so far this year, while I won't be posting these photos otherwise I felt a sampling of photos I've taken so far in the first week of 2024 would be a good way to kick off going forward into another rotation around the sun.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking the "Rules of Street Photography" - Part Two: Street Photography requires People as the Primary Subject

This is the second part of my "de-bunking Street Photography Myths" series of rants.  The first one is the one I run into the most...